The Global Centre for Inclusive Development (GCID) emerges from the imperative to address global inequalities and create opportunities for marginalized and underserved populations. As disparities persist in areas such as education, healthcare, employment, and social rights, there’s a crucial need to foster inclusive policies and practices that uplift all individuals.
The mission of GCID is to promote inclusive development by advocating for equitable access to resources, rights, and opportunities for all individuals, regardless of their background. The center aims to be a catalyst for systemic change, fostering collaboration, and empowering marginalized communities to participate fully in the process of development.
GCID envisions a world where every person enjoys equal rights, dignity, and the chance to reach their full potential. The center strives to be a global leader in driving inclusive policies, breaking down barriers, and advancing social justice on a large scale.
• Equitable Opportunities: GCID seeks to ensure that everyone has equal access to education, healthcare, employment, and other opportunities essential for personal and collective development.
• Poverty Eradication: The center focuses on strategies that aim to alleviate poverty and reduce socio-economic disparities, promoting sustainable livelihoods and economic empowerment.
• Social Inclusion: GCID advocates for the rights of marginalized and vulnerable groups, working to eliminate discrimination, stigma, and exclusion based on factors such as gender, ethnicity, disability, and socioeconomic status.
• Empowerment: The center emphasizes empowerment through education, skill development, and capacity-building initiatives that enable individuals to become active participants in their own development.
• Policy Reform: GCID engages with governments, institutions, and stakeholders to drive policy changes that prioritize inclusivity, social justice, and human rights.
• Community Engagement: The center actively involves communities in the design and implementation of development initiatives, recognizing the importance of local perspectives and solutions.
• Data and Research: GCID conducts research and gathers data to identify disparities, analyze root causes, and propose evidence-based solutions for inclusive development.
• Partnerships: Collaborations with international organizations, civil society groups, academia, and governments are integral to GCID’s efforts in creating a collective impact.
• Awareness and Advocacy: The center raises awareness about the importance of inclusive development and advocates for policy changes on both global and local stages.
• Capacity Building: GCID focuses on building the capacities of governments, organizations, and individuals to effectively promote inclusive practices and policies.
• Conflict Resolution: The center works towards resolving conflicts and promoting peace in regions affected by social, political, or economic disparities, recognizing that inclusive development is closely linked to stability.
In summary, the Global Centre for Inclusive Development (GCID) is driven by the need to create a more equitable and just world. Its mission is to promote inclusive development, its vision is a world with equal opportunities for all, and its objectives encompass equitable opportunities, poverty eradication, social inclusion, empowerment, policy reform, community engagement, data and research, partnerships, awareness and advocacy, capacity building, and conflict resolution.